Resource ORAS Creative and Underrated Sets V2 (Replays required!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP stolen & adapted from ginganinja and -Clone-
Approved by Aragorn the King
art by Klink

The metagame is focused around common sets and the reason is due to their effectiveness. Just because it is standard does not mean its bad - take the case of Mega Charizard X and Clefable. However, this thread is meant to showcase creative and underrative sets you have been using to decent success. Old movesets could fall in this category as well if the metagame is still somewhat favorable towards them.​
A new and creative set is one that pulls off a role not strictly outclassed by others. A set that has had some success and takes advantage of current trends is what you call "new and creative". However, a underrated yet good moveset is one the preys off certain facets in the metagame or one that can exploit standard checks and counters to sweep or wall with ease.

Now, I would like to explain what garbage is. According to Webster's Dictionary, garbage is "a thing that is considered worthless or meaningless." If you post garbage or a shitty gimmick, you will be infracted, no expections. What constitutes for this? Using Pokemon that has zero business in Overused or just to quote Potter Stewart "I know it when I see it". Basically, don't be this guy:
blissey - specs
modest / 252 special attack + 252 speed | 0 atk
fire blast | ice beam | thunderbolt | filler

bro, you hit like the whole metagame for super effective damage and you surprise garchomp switching in with dat ice beam bruh! 50 cent my man talked to me in elevator and passed me this set along with some kool-aid. use dis. for reals!
Rules should be pretty straight forward, so I am not going to bother explaining them. Last requirement is that you must have atleast one replay because theorymon =/= practice. If you really need good reason to check yourself, read this post.

Have Fun! :toast:

Last edited:
Hoping this hasn't been posted before and is creative enough despite being a fairly simple add-on

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Facade

This is a little tech i've been using and loving for a while now. Considering how prevalent scald is and how often azumarill has to switch into it, I figured Facade would be a good way to make azumarill incredibly threatening despite being burned. It has a great surprise factor as well since people don't expect normal coverage for stuff like amoonguss or venusaur, and it hits incredibly hard when azu is status'd (most often burned) which is great for wallbreaking.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hm some sets that I've been using here and there. Some creative others just underrated, gonna dump some cool stuff I've worked with.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

The primary switch in back when I started using this set to the dual STAB SD set was Togekiss while certain scenarios during battles would have people trying to pivot around Chomp using a combination of ground + dragon immunities / resistances. Stone Edge provided me some relief in these scenarios.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam / Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

With a lot of offense roaming about this set is nice for punishing these kind of teams along with putting dents into some balance squads. This is by no means creative as this is a thing in BW but outside of TR this set is quite a rare sight. This set is also good on non TR teams with slower team-mates that can take advantage of TR such as Magnezone and Tangrowth as two examples.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind

I use this set on my designated 'birdspam team'. Some of you have probably seen it here and there the one with M-Pinsir and Lucario that's loaded with priority. Stupidly basically use Tflame as a set up sweeper / hole puncher, when in a tough spot or about to go down click Tailwind and have the wall-breakers finish the job. Not a whole lot else to say honestly.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 120 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Rain Dance

This set is a pretty team specific thing in its purpose to removing items and was fostered more in the gothstall stuff several weeks back. Most switch ins if not all of them are highly item dependent such as Ferrothorn, Latis, Goth, Chansey, making them easy Knock Off targets. Net scald burns, remove items, utilize recovery repeat. I utilize this set with Magnezone and Pursuit M-Aero. I forgot what the defense benchmarks are for but the speed in particular is to outpace base 80s and below.

I mean I got more stuff but knowing how this forum works rather not blow logic out the window that soon lol. Some of these I lost replays to but I could probably salvage the newer ones when replays are back up and put them here to give people an idea.

Heres a set I saw on NJNPs channel. This is the video where he uses it.

upload_2015-10-11_5-17-41.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Knock Off is really useful against common Serp switch ins like Chansey(Cya Eviolite), Tornadus-T(Cya AV), tanky switch ins like Jirachi and Heatran(Losing the leftovers helps alot since they dont have any recovery. This can help chip them down bit by bit). Latis dont appreciate the Knock Off either

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Naive / Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Grass Knot Bisharp is an amazing Quagsire lure as, normally, Bisharp can't do jack sh*t to it. However, with LO and a naive/naughty nature, Bisharp is able to deal mega damage to it, and it is incredibly useful if your team struggles v.s. it. This means that it can take out Quag with Knock Off+Grass Knot, removing a threat to a large number of setup sweepers and allowing Bisharp to take a dump on stall. Grass Knot also allows Bisharp to secure a 2HKO on Seismitoad, which it can't attain with Knock Off alone due to the second Knock Off not dealing the 50-60-ish percent that it needs to score the 2HKO on it, and the same can be said part of the time for Gastrodon as well.
  • 4 SpA Life Orb Bisharp Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 286-338 (72.5 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (easily KOs after Knock Off damage)
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) + 4 SpA Grass Knot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 362-431 (84.9 - 101.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO if Naughty, otherwise a small chance to 2HKO
  • Seismi takes more than Gastro (won't calc again as I calced earlier, but it guarantees the 2HKO with Knock Off damage regardless of nature)

Last edited:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

pretty obvious one, you can taunt quagsire, which is the main reason to use taunt over sd. so you wanna pair it with something that appreciates quagsire being weakened, namely zard x

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This set may appear gimmicky at first, but it is actually quite effective in practice. With Sap Sipper, Resttalk, and full spdef, Azu can easily wall Keldeo, both Zards, Weavile, Serperior, Breloom, Gyarados, and more. The amount of role compression in terms of checking different pokemon is huge for so many teams and is a great reason to use this Azu set. A common partner of preference could be Ferrothorn, which has great defensive synergy with Azu both on paper and in practice.

As far as success goes, a friend and I have used this set to get to top 10 on ladder multiple times. Give it a try and it'll definitely exceed your expectations.

Finished updating the archive. I will require replays once this thread turns into a shitstorm of shitty gimmicks, but I don't have to do that now because I am seeing good posts and no theorymon :D

The archive reflects the thread title, so don't complain if you didn't get your set archived because I based it off 3 requirements: the set must not be standard, the set didn't become common with the transition of the metagame, and it is not situational. Now, I didn't add posts from this thread like FV's Facade Azumarill and GMT's Taunt Bisharp yet.

The archive is also unusually large. I will talk to various reliable people and I will "clean up" the archive with only the best and most effective sets getting a spot.

Enjoy the expanded version for now. It should be cleaned up by Sunday or something.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
- Tailwind

We've seen alot of slow but powerful wallbreakers released recently, such as Hoopa Unbound, Rock Head Tyrantrum, and Reckless Emboar. I started to experiment with Tailwind, which allows slower Pokemon such as these to outspeed any would-be counters / checks that might hinder their performance.

I opted Latios over Latias because Latias has better moves to use and if you're using Latias you might as well run the standard set. Latios, however, usually runs EQ, HP Fire, Memento, or something like that. Tailwind allows Latios to fill an empty moveslot with something his teammates can use. Latios is also a lot stronger and has more offensive prescence than Latias, while his lower defenses can allow him to use Tailwind and die, giving Hoopa U or whatever a safe switch.

It works well after the opponent has taken some SR damage, allowing you to bring something slow but strong and have it sweep in the late game. It's also a decent alternative to Sticky Webs teams, as these require alot of work in order to keep webs and rocks up, especially when you are being forced to run shit like shuckle, gengar and bisharp.

its 2am and everyone is forfeiting matches zzz no replay

Last edited:

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
- Tailwind

We've seen alot of slow but powerful wallbreakers released recently, such as Hoopa Unbound, Rock Head Tyrantrum, and Reckless Emboar. I started to experiment with Tailwind, which allows slower Pokemon such as these to outspeed any would-be counters / checks that might hinder their performance.

I opted Latios over Latias because Latias has better moves to use and if you're using Latias you might as well run the standard set. Latios, however, usually runs EQ, HP Fire, Memento, or something like that. Tailwind allows Latios to fill an empty moveslot with something his teammates can use. Latios is also a lot stronger and has more offensive prescence than Latias, while his lower defenses can allow him to use Tailwind and die, giving Hoopa U or whatever a safe switch.

It works well after the opponent has taken some SR damage, allowing you to bring something slow but strong and have it sweep in the late game. It's also a decent alternative to Sticky Webs teams, as these require alot of work in order to keep webs and rocks up, especially when you are being forced to run shit like shuckle, gengar and bisharp.

its 2am and everyone is forfeiting matches zzz no replay
Roost is an option over Defog as it allows Latios to set up Tailwind multiple times throughout the match, and you mentioned Memento too (although idk why you wouldn't slash it as it is one of the set's best options). Good partners include Torny-T and Whimsi, which act as nice backup setters.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

This is very straightforward. I don't have to explain how nuke-like +nature Fire Blast is under the sun. Spam it unless you want to be faster than the Pokemon you know your opponent will revenge kill you with (i.e. Keldeo, Starmie, Mega Lopunny, Scarf Tar). In that case, Dragon Dance on the switch or take a neutral hit. Earthquake is for Heatran, Mega Charizard X, and Tyranitar. Really fun to use and versatile in that I often use it as a lead (like regular Charizard Y) and then as a sweeper. I'll try and grab some replays later.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Physically Defensive BU Talonflame is something I have been toying with for quite a while. The main reason for this change is that I have noticed that, with priority roost and a fast WoW, Talonflame can check a huge amount of Pokemon, and with making it Phys. Def it can counter a lot, and check more. Don't have any replays on me right now because replays are down, but here are some calcs:

Physical Attackers Without burn/BU boost:

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 175-207 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 179-212 (49.8 - 59%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 196-231 (54.5 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 168-198 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 94-111 (26.1 - 30.9%) -- 10.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 106-126 (29.5 - 35%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 144-171 (40.1 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (Bulk up Talonflame)
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 169-201 (47 - 55.9%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

All of these pokemon (except Char X) are checked w/ rocks up, countered w/o rocks. Talonflame wins vs. Char X 1v1 because you can Bulk Up its boosts.

Physical Attackers Burned:

0 Atk burned Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 178-210 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk burned Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 212-250 (59 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb burned Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 216-255 (60.1 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk burned Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 300-354 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

Even strong physical attackers w/ a rock move cannot OHKO Phys. Def Talonflame if burned on the switch. Meaning next time Talonflame is in and they are forced to switch to burned said pokemon, you can actually set up on it.

With BU Boost but no burn:

0 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 236-280 (65.7 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 284-336 (79.1 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 291-343 (81 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 400-472 (111.4 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aside from T-tar, the above pokemon can be burned even though they are faster, as long as you have a boost. Defensive Lando-T can be set up on.

Special Attackers:

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 138-163 (38.4 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 153-180 (42.6 - 50.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame in Sun: 212-250 (59 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (With Lefties, Fire Blasts can be stalled out through Roost, except Modest. Modest Zard Y just wins)

While losing the ability to check Modest Zard Y and counter Timid ones w/o rocks up, it has the ability of completely walling Mega Gardevoir, which the SpD version cannot even check because Psyshock does a ton.

tl;dr: While losing the ability to check a lot of special pokemons, such as Char Y, Lati@s, Gengar, Mega Venusaur, and Clefable better, it gains the ability to check and set up on a lot of pokemon better, such as Mega Metagross, Lando-T, Excadrill, Weavile, Bisharp, opposing non-SD Talonflames, Char X, Mega Altaria, etc.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell / Ice Beam
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Flamethrower / Seismic Toss

Yo so Blissey is inferior to Chansey in bulk, ye, so you may as well take advantage of its strong suits (ie. Having a special attack).

Ice Beam lets it do damage @ dragons and co, and flamethrower lets it do some damage @ ferro and scizor switchins (forcing ferro out).

However, the true genius lies in Serene Grace. I'm not talking about stray freezes/burns (but those are qt and plentiful. Just click ice beam on the switch). blissey will be spending a decent amount of time on the field in some cases (like against cune and clef that are tryna calm mind). Good thing that ice beam has a 20% of freezing. Blissey can stay in against these kinds of mons forever (as they boost with quote unquote impunity), so that 20% quickly turns into a p big number. On the inevitable freeze (which likely after just a few turns), you can switch out to a teammate to 2hko/3hko (or spam seismic toss if it is an option).

Last edited:

Martin

As much as I like Blissey for her SpA, I don't see much reason to use it as a wall unless you are using the stat in combination with its ability to escape from Goth with Shed Shell.

Also, after 5 Ice Beams, Blissey's target still won't freeze 32.768% of the time (0.8*0.8*0.8*0.8*0.8*100=32.768), and Blissey has no business trying to freeze Suicune in the first place considering that it can just Scald its way out and continue CMing up on Bliss (or, unless you get, like, a turn 2 freeze, it can take a massive chunk out of your switch-in with said move due to probably being close to +6).

However, I don't think Bliss is without its uses; if you want to use it defensively, you are much better off using this set:

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell / Wish
- Softboiled
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt

Fire Blast>Flamethrower as the latter fails to guarantee the 2HKO on Ferrothorn; Shed Shell lets you escape from Goth and proceed to Pursuit trap it.

Or, a nice (albeit extremely team-specific) wincon for semistall is this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

EVs give you a Leftovers number and avoid a 2HKO from +6 Lefties Serperior's Leaf Storm after 1 Calm Mind w/ Lefties recovery, allowing you to stall it out with Softboiled. A little more can be invested in SpD to take on Miracle Seed variants, and LO variants don't need prepping for as they shouldn't have enough turns to take you out anyway. CM Blissey functions similarly to Curse Gastro for builds which prefer a wincon that doesn't lose to the aforementioned Serperior. Beats any and all Manaphy sets too.

Last edited:
cm blissey's niche is moreso being able to beat any manaphy set on stall, not covering serperior :X

Martin

cm blissey's niche is moreso being able to beat any manaphy set on stall, not covering serperior :X
Well, it achieves that with less investment, and I thought I might as well prep for non-taunt serp after a boost. IDK why I forgot to mention mana tho, so thx for pointing it out.

archive has been condensed with the help of m00ns, bludz, and Celticpride
explosion landorus-t is an excellent lure for hyper offense teams that need threats such as rotom-w removed from gameplay. this uses a very unorthodox spread which almost kicked it out, but lopunny is a real threat in the metagame

specially defensive manaphy has seen usage in higher play. knock off can be used over u-turn as seen with AM's post, but branflakes posted it first

aerial ace bisharp lures fighting types such as keldeo and chesnaught trying to switch-in. it is effective since it works better in practice than on paper

rock polish mega tyranitar takes advantage of offensive teams and higher speed tiers introduced with the transition to oras

mixed mega charizard y sacrifices hitting a weaker specially based metagame in exchange of destroying stall teams lacking landorus-t or specially defensive hippowdon.

calm mind latios functions as an interesting stallbreaker which has seen scattered usage in the tour and ladder scenes

taunt keldeo lets you shut down stealth rock leads, latios and latias from using defog off the switch, and can deter miscellaneous set up and status moves. it is an effective threat for opposing hazard stacking teams while supporting your own.

sucker punch mega sableye is a creative set that doesn't require mega gardevoir to be completely worn down and can let you revenge kill mega metagross, another big threat to stall teams. while standing at an extreme niche, it catches the eye for laddering players.

rocky helmet + endure garchomp lets you attain extra chip damage. there is no reason this shouldn't be placed in the archive.

offensive healing wish celebi provides immense support while still posing a threat to keldeo and other bulky waters for example

hyper beam mega pidgeot is a very viable and clutch pokemon that pairs well with 'mons such as klefki which can neuter most set up sweepers\

curse + amnesia quagsire is an interesting sweeper that reflects curse mega swampert to an extent, but has a much lower opportunity cost while having a better ability

rock polish landorus-t can afford an extra coverage move to beat offensive teams much easier in contrast to double dance

sharpen mega diancie isn't a new thing, but it is a creative set to plow through some balance teams relying on chansey or amoonguss as their diancie checks

lead excadrill has seen some usage with the ou player base and is a cool lead for teams with stealth rock weak 'mons such as volcarona and mega aerodactyl

specially defensive azumarill demonstrates a curve in standard sets abusing metagame trends to its advantage -- proven with various ladder peaks

coba berry keldeo is an inept talonflame lure for teams having mega pinsir for example. it has seen use from boudouche.

nasty plot mew is superior to every other lure mew because the extra fire power lets you lure a wider range of pokemon: heatran with aura sphere, slowbro with dark pulse, talonflame with psychic, etc. blunder used it in ost which establishes its credibility

watmel berry saw use in tournament play as well for its ability to lure in ferrothorn, jirachi, and amoonguss without the need of magnezone

splash plate manaphy turns clefable into a liability

blizzard crawdaunt lures in its biggest checks, chesnaught and mega altaria

stone edge rocky helmet chomp gives you a better way to handle talonflame

edgequake sd chomp lets you lure togekiss without sacrificing too much coverage

taunt bisharp is a cool stallbreaker and is much more reliable that grass knot
anyways, i'll remove some things as the metagame shifts and if yours didn't get accepted, vm me for info. i can add it if it was a bad ev spread and then you fix it

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

I've actually used this quite a bit as it does a great job of luring Keldeo for teammates. Several threats can take advantage of luring Keldeo, such as Bisharp, Mega Gyara, and Mega Scizor. Doesn't really sacrifice Weavile's usefulness as a fast Knock Off and priority in Ice Shard is always useful. Return also provides neutral coverage to damage something like Azumarill quite a bit as well.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 296-350 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Boom.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You could always run Aerial Ace since it kills 100% of the time at +2, unless hitting is Azumarill that important.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice / Grass Knot
- Psych Up

All right this may seem completely gimmicky, but trust me, this can actually work given certain circumstances. I have tried it, and its main purpose is to catch many set-up mons and sweepers, and trace their stat boosts, so you can drop to the sash, and hit them back. If your main focus for the team is to revenge kill sweepers more so on the physical side, such as Megazard X and Altaria, then you probably are best off going for the Thunder Wave, however this is perhaps your best bet in revenge killing targets such as Clefable, NP Hoopa, Keldeo, Thundurus and Togekiss. Psyshock can be run to hit some CM users.
I have used this, but I don't have any replays, so I'll post some soon.
CALCS:
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 364-429 (121.7 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (may be worth pointing out that Alakazam doesn't actually stop Thundurus, since it can't be paralysed, and at +0 Psychic isn't an OHKO)
+4 252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa: 321-378 (106.6 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this is considerably more difficult since you will have to fod for more set up for Hoopa, and fuck hax tbh)
+2 252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 268-316 (86.1 - 101.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (laughing if your team doesnt have stealth rock)

For Psyshock, that can be used to hit the likes of Clefable:
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. +3 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 42-49 (16.7 - 19.5%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
+3 252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 352-415 (89.3 - 105.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)